NCSC Annual Conference 2019
The Brewery｜Stockholm｜3 june 2019
Change through innovation
In a rapidly changing retail climate, innovation is key. But how is it done successfully and what does it take? At this year’s conference we will get the stories behind current projects, as our best innovation finalists share their journeys. We will also hear the strategy ahead from some of the world’s leading retailers. With the help of A.I., H&M Group plan to reduce environmental impact while creating an even more inspiring and relevant shopping experience. IKEA will explain their customer focused approach and why the just set up their bedroom concept in the heart of Stockholm.
Head of Business Development
"The customer of today and tomorrow: H&M group's digital customer journey"
Mattias Johansson & Freddy Johansson
IKEA"With our customers in focus – IKEA in the heart of Stockholm"
"Winning in a rapidly changing retail landscape - How to get ‘FUTURE READY’"
Commercial Director CItycon"Pikkulaiva, Finland's first, completely recyclable, pop-up shopping center"
Director Sartor Storsenter"Making the UCI World Cycling Championship change its course to create an unforgettable customer experience"
Head of Business Development
"Creating The Lobby – a curated universe for brand activation"
"We dare to be ourselves! Creative campaigns and guerilla marketing"
Rødovre Centrum Centerforening
Customer Success Manager
"The Location Intelligence Revolution"
Subject to change.
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Guided visit to newly re-opened Gallerian Shopping Center (Optional local study tour)
- 1:00 pm - Annual Gereral Meeting (NCSC members only)
- 2:00 pm - Registration and coffee
- 2:15 pm - Program starts
- - Winning in a rapidly changing retail landscape - How to get ‘FUTURE READY’
Ibrahim will explore the future metrics of success in retail and how changing consumer behaviour will impact physical space, the experience and the revenue model.Ibrahim Ibrahim, Portland Design
- - With our customers in focus – IKEA in the heart of Stockholm
- - Battersea Power Station & Cole Drops Yards - Anthea Harries, Head of Assets Manager, Argent
- 4:00 am - 4:30 pm Coffee break
- 4:30 pm - 5:10 pm FROM IDEA TO REALITY - INNOVATION IN PRACTICE:
- - The story behind Pikkulaiva, Finland's first, completely recyclable, pop-up shopping center.
- - Making the World Cycling Championship change its course to create an unforgettable customer experience.
- - Creating The Lobby – a curated universe for brand activation.
- - We dare to be ourselves! Creative campaigns and guerilla marketing.
- 5:15 pm - 5:30 pm The Location Intelligence Revolution
The need to understand customers, sales and possibilities in relation to location has never been greater. In a complex world you most often need to evaluate tens- or hundreds of different parameters together. Customers, traffic, market socio demographics, competitors, trends, available estates, people flows being just a few. That’s why many of the successful retailers and real estaters are putting a lot of focus on a GIS-platform to actually gather all relevant external data (together with their own KPI´s)-, thus creating new dimensions to insights that come out of the synergy. The geographical dimension open up e.g. the possibility to evaluate developments in the physical sales in regards to the e-com sales.Oscar Monell, Esri
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm The customer of today and tomorrow: H&M group's digital customer journey
Today's customer has completely different expectations of the shopping experience than previous generations. It needs to be comfortable, entertaining and fast. We meet today's and future customers by using digital experiences and AI, where sustainability remains in focus. With the help of AI we can reduce our environmental impact and achieve our sustainability goals, while we create an even more inspiring and relevant shopping experience, adapted to local and personal conditions.Daniel Claesson, H&M group
- 6:00 pm - Cocktail & mingling
- 7:00 pm - NCSC Nordic Awards Dinner